|The Geneva-Marr & Colton Organ|
|ARCADA THEATRE St. Charles, Illinois|
|Arcada Theatre 3/16 Geneva-Marr & Colton pipe organ|
|The Arcada Theatre opened in 1926 with a 3/10 Marr and Colton Organ. The instrument was later rebuilt by the Geneva Organ Company, a local Fox Valley organ firm, into a 3/16, including an echo division. In its heydey, radio station WJJD carried a live half hour broadcast featuring Howard Peterson, Arcada's staff organist, at the console.
This organ is one of several Chicago area Theatre pipe organs maintained by CATOE
|Another view of the 3/16 Geneva console at the Arcada|
|Click here for a pdf history of the Arcada Theatre provided by former Arcada Organist Les Hickory.
For any possible program information check out the Current Theatre Organ Installation Database and type in:"IL" in state block and "Arcada" in Location(venue) block and click on Search Icon.
|RETURN TO CHICAGO AREA ORGAN PAGE|